Red River Units
- Continental drilled the initial horizontal well in what was later described as the Cedar Hills North unit – the Ponderosa 1-15.
- We were 1st to develop the Cedar Hills Field exclusively through precision horizontal drilling (1995).
- Continental continues to acquire acreage in the DJ-Basin-Niobrara. At March 31, 2012 we had more than 92,842 net acres leased.
- We were 1st to drill a 1,280-acre spaced well in the Niobrara (2011).
Bakken and Three Forks
- Continental is the largest acreage holder in the Bakken. Our lease position has grown to more than 1,140,000 net acres at December 31, 2012 with a majority of our acreage in the North Dakota portion.
- We were 1st to complete: A paired Middle Bakken and Three Forks well (2010), a horizontal well in the Three Forks zone (2008), a 1,280 long-lateral multi-stage frac (2007).
- We completed the 1st commercially successful well in the North Dakota Bakken to be both horizontally drilled and fracture stimulated – the Robert Heuer 1-17R, Divide County (2004).
- Continental owns approximately 150 square miles of proprietary and non-proprietary 3D seismic data in the Arkoma basin to complement our drilling effort.
- We were 1st to simul-frac wells in the Arkoma Woodford (2008).
- Continental controls one of the largest acreage positions in the Anadarko Woodford play with 315,675 net acres as of June 30, 2012, and we continue to acquire acreage.
- Production in the Anadarko Woodford in the second quarter of 2012 was more than 4X production in the same quarter of 2011 (16,672 Boepd versus 4,031 Boepd).
- Our production from this region grew 333% from 2009 to 2010 due to increased drilling activity. Drilling times continue to improve with several Company-operated wells drilled 43 percent faster than the 2010 average.